This recipe is a malt-forward brown ale that pairs dry roasty notes with a soft body. The belma hops provide aromas of fruit candy.
Recipe is scaled for 46 gallons (1.5bbls).
- OG: 1.052
- FG: 1.013
- ABV: 5.0%
- IBU: 24.8
- SRM: 21.3
- 70 lbs 2 row Brewers Malt (2.0 SRM)
- 10 lbs Biscuit Malt (23.0 SRM)
- 4 lbs Roasted Barley (300 SRM)
- 5 lbs crystal 120 (120 SRM)
- Add 112 quarts of water at 164 degrees
- Mash at 154 degrees for 45 minutes
- Mash out to 170 degrees for 15 minutes
- Sparge with 180 degree water until desired volume is reached.
- 4 oz of Belma hops (9.4% AA, 14.6 IBUs) at 60 minutes
- .15 oz of supermoss (hydrated) at 15 minutes
- 4 oz of Belma hops (9.4% AA, 7.2 IBUs) at 15 minutes
- 4 oz of Belma hops (9.4% AA, 2.9 IBUs) at 5 minutes
Whirlpool, chill and pitch yeast (Our house strain is Wyeast 1332, NW Ale, though we’ve also experimented with Wyeast 1469, West Yorkshire Ale).
Ferment in primary until desired attenuation is reached.
To the extent possible under law, Earthbound Brewing, LLC has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to Belma Brown Ale.
This work is published from: United States.