HAPPY VALENTINES’ DAY! To celebrate, we are doing absolutely nothing. Grab a beer with your sweetie, or your friends, or yr tinder date, or fly solo, as the good lord intended.
- WHITE KNUCKLE: Based on an ancient Scandinavian beer called gotlandsdricka, this powerful gruit is sweet, smoky and bittered with juniper berries. SKAAL! Half pours only, no tastes, no samplers. Just go for it. 21% ABV, 0 IBU, 18 SRM.
- American IPA: It’s like an IPA, except hoppier! Dry-hopped with cascade. For your friend who “only drinks the hoppiest beers” or whatever. 7.1% ABV, 58 IBU, 11 SRM.
- Scotch Ale: It’s back! Big toffee/caramel body balanced by peat smokiness. 8% ABV, 16 IBU, 22 SRM.
- New World Stout: Last fall we did the Old World Stout, a gruit bittered with herbs and spices available in Europe and via trade with the silk road. We used the same grain bill and bittered the beer with herbs and spices available only in the Americas. Sarsaparilla root, two kinds of chiles and some vanilla beans combine to give this smooth, chocolate stout a powerful aroma and finish. 8.1% ABV, 0 IBU, 42 SRM.
- Tax Evader: Based on the long-standing tradition of tax evasion among British ale brewers, this giant IPA is brewed with a significant amount of jaggery (a semi-refined sugar used by British brewers to avoid taxes on malted barley in the 18th and 19th century) and a huge amount of citra hops. Marshmallow and rum notes with a nice hoppy finish. 11% ABV, 70 IBU, 9 SRM.
- Pecan Chicory Stout: The liquid equivalent of that one Usher song. Pecans give a buttery topnote, the base of the beer provides a mild, smooth, chocolatey rhythm section and the chicory is the basso dude saying “HEEEEY!” every third beat. 6.0% ABV, 42 IBU, 34 SRM.
- Spruce Gruit: Blonde ale, bittered with exciting young spruce tips instead of boring old hops. It’s subtle and delicious. Don’t be a wuss. 5.2% ABV, 0 IBU, 6 SRM.
- Lord Beefer Barleywine: It’s a very young barleywine! Huge body, lots of booze. A full gamut of adjectives one would use to describe malt flavors applies here. LIMITED QUANTITY ~RARE~ 10.7% ABV, 62 IBU, 18 SRM.
On deck: Rosemary Juniper Pale Ale, Belgian Pale Ale